Leigh Mixed Use
Taylor Wimpey Manchester and Homes and Communities Agency
Land off Plank Lane, Bickershaw, Leigh, Lancashire
Baldwin Design was appointed in 2013 to achieve Reserved Matters planning approval for the redevelopment of a former colliery into a mixed-use residential led development at Bickershaw South, Leigh. Planning consent was granted for up to 500 dwellings comprising of two, three and four bedroom houses. Other uses included.
- Community Centre
- New promenade around the marina. With the delivery of the pontoons and infrastructure to bring the marina into operational use.
- Office space for commercial use
- A new one acre village green
- Retention of the two green swales and Great Crested Newt protection area that are already on site
- Land set aside for a future planning application for a family pub / restaurant
- Land set aside for a future planning application for a local convenience retail store
Currently under construction and part occupied